Cosmic Optix CO-JY-N33 Premium Backup Rear View Camera
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- The Cosmic Optix Mini Vehicle Backup Camera Is Constructed From The Highest Quality Materials On The Market, And Surpasses Many Factory Installed Cameras As Well As Those Sold Aftermarket. Placed Above The License Plate, The Camera Has The Look Of A Factory Installed Camera, But Without The Added Sticker Price.
- The Cosmic Optix Mini Camera Is Housed In A Rust-Proof Zinc Alloy Casing That Is Both Attractive And Weatherproof. The Black Iridescent Zinc Alloy Is Guaranteed Not To Fade. With An Almost Impermeable Lens (IP 67 Rated), This Camera Withstands Serious Weather Conditions.
- No More Rear View Blind Spot Accidents! Our Camera Provides Superior Rear View Vision With A Viewing Angle Of 170°. Visual Clarity That Is Hard To Exceed: The Superior Quality Image Display In HD Color And Distance Scale Lines Ensure Safety While Backing Out & Parking.
- Our Cameras Easily Install With Factory & Aftermarket Vehicle Monitors Including Most In-Dash/GPS Systems. Consider Pairing Your Cosmic Optix Camera With One Of Our Top Quality Cosmic Monitors.
- The One-Year-Hassle-Free-Warranty, Superior Customer Service, And Comprehensive Downloadable DIY Instructions & Videos Make Buying From Cosmic Optix A Truly Valuable Purchase. Consider Pairing Your Camera With One Of Our Crystal Clear TFT/HD Monitors. ***Please Consult An Experienced Mechanic If You Lack Experience In Such An Install.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Cosmic Optix Mini Vehicle Backup Camera CO-JY-N33 Is Built To Last! From Camera Design To Quality Product Manufacturing, Durability Is Key, And Cosmic Optix Has A Proven Track Record. Cosmic Optix Has Its Own In House Quality Control Which Conducts A Rigorous Testing Program To Find Our Products. Also Established, Is An On-Going Test Vehicle Fleet Which Allows To Continuously Identify Any Problems, And Improve. Cosmic Optix Understands that Great Customer Service is the Name of the Game! Our Staff of Professionals is Ready to Assist You. We Offer a One-Year, No-Questions-Asked Warranty. Just Send Us Your Problem, and We'll Send you a New Camera. There's No Risk When You Buy Here!!
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- High-quality, metal housing
- Good picture quality at 4:3 resolution
- Decent nighttime picture (it is a CMOS, after all)
- Standard connectors for this price range so should be easy to replace when/if needed
- Easy install if you're comfortable with routing wires through your vehicle and don't mind making a cut here and there to push the connectors through.
- Limited angle rear view that I would estimate at 120 degrees
- Guidelines do not cover the width of the vehicle even in a relatively small car, and are not adjustable. Mine is a 2013 Mustang, and the lines are about 1 foot short on either side of the car. This means that you still have to liberally use your side view mirrors when backing or parallel parking.
- You will need to find an alternate power source for cars with LED reverse lights (5-volt), and can use a head unit accessory lead to do so.
- The connectors are rather large, so hopefully you have a removable panel or two with larger openings so you can file slots into instead of drilling 1/2" holes. I was fortunate on my Mustang to have a removable panel above the license plate with a removable license plate light nearby.
Summary: Use of "HD" to describe the picture suggests a 16:9 aspect ratio that will work well with head unit displays, which is not the case. The 4:3 output of the camera combined with the limited viewing angle (~120 degrees) can create a disillusion that you have more space to the side of your vehicle when backing into a space or attempting to parallel park. Is it helpful while backing? Yes. Would I buy it again? Probably, but not for a vehicle that I worry about curb-rashing my wheels or regularly have to back into tight spaces. Will I continue using it on my Mustang? I'm already doing some research to replace this in the near future. For the money, this is a good value. You just have to align your expectations to getting what you pay for. In this case, you do get a very good bang for the buck.
-easier drill holes/placing 2 screw for a permanent mount
-easier adjustment of camera position before permanent mount
Camera video output is very clear... better than the Esky EC170-7.
The kit provides extra wiring to attach to power and also video cable from camera to video screen... the Esky EC170-7 does not.
Price is about $10 more than Esky EC170-7 but well worth the price
The results were great. I wasn't sure if the small monitor would be large enough, but the small size works to our advantage, I have it tucked on top of the dash, all the way to the left so it isn't in the way. The picture is great I and was really impressed by the wide field of vision. Now, I wouldn't leave home without it.
On the other side of the coin, after another 7,000 mile trip the LCD monitor went on the blink, DOA. However, I contacted Jana at Optix and she got a replacement right out to me, no questions asked, so we appreciate the good service.
Would buy another if the occasion should arise.
Sent an email to them 10 days ago, and its hard to believe they never responded lol.
Save your money and time. Amazons great customer service took it back thank goodnes..